Enhancing the intellectual capital of the teaching community of the region and generating locally relevant knowledge for policy making and societal transformation
- To bring together scholars undergoing research on the region from anywhere.
- To bring together scholars from the region doing research on any area anywhere.
- To encourage groups and individuals seeking research capabilities from the region.
- To promote research capabilities in the location specific disadvantaged institutions of higher education.
- To bring the available resources from various governmental and non governmental agencies across the country and in different parts of the world for research related activities.
- Salesian Research Institute shall be an extension/outreach programme of Salesian College coordinated from both its campuses.
- The committee of coordination of the Research Institute shall consist of a Director and a team selected from among the permanent staff holding a PhD degree and minimum of five years teaching and research experience.
- The management of finances and its moveable and immovable property shall be the responsibility of the College after due consideration of the proposals made by the coordination committee.
- The Committee shall meet at least thrice a year to plan and evaluate the progress of the activities of the Research Institute.
- Office space /Website
- Work station for the fellows/scholars admitted on specific tasks for the duration as shall be specified in the admission contract for research fellowship
- Library and access to Inflibnet Digital Resources of NLIST Consortia
- Internet Facility
- Special assistance for the Other-abled
- Holding regular (semester/trimester wise) workshops of Research Scholars.
- Encouraging young scholars to gain experience in research under the guidance of senior researchers and in collaboration with research networks.
- Shall provide financial assistance to the researchers on terms and conditions that shall be specified by the Institute depending on the availability of resources and the nature of research project submitted by the scholar.
- Enable scholars to avail of assistance from governmental or non-governmental agencies and other research centres and institutes.
- The annual Report of the Institute shall be submitted to the Governing Body of the College and made available on its website.
- Fr (Prof) George Thadathil, Principal, Salesian College
- Dr Gunjeet Aurora
- Dr Veera Lobo
- Dr Dipankar Rudra
- Dr Romana Lepcha
- Mr Biju Mathew
- Dr Terence Mukhia
IFCU Project Director
- Fr Dr George Chepakathinal, sdb
- Ms. Helena Lepcha
Draft Prepared by
Principal, Salesian College
contact for more details firstname.lastname@example.org
“Study on Low Enrollment in Higher Education Among the Tribal Communities of Doars in North Bengal”
Funded By: ICSSR
Principal Investigator: Dr Sukanto Banerjee
Department of Political Science with Department of Philosophy, Assam University, Silchar on “Remembering Gandhi: Gandhi, Non-Violence and Democracy”
Collaboration on Book Project:
Education Group of Salesian University Institutions on “Youth and Human Rights“